background

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Global Read Aloud Collaboration

I've alluded to the 4th Global Read Aloud postcard project over the past couple of weeks so now that we finished our postcards, I thought it deserved its own post.

The Global Read Aloud is a program our 4th grades participated in this fall where they read a book as a class and shared their experience with the book with other classrooms across the world. Using Padlet, they were able to connect with each other and share thoughts about the book. 

Separately, I had attended a webinar on Britannica School and as part of the webinar, we were asked to create a lesson using Britannica. One feature I really liked in Britannica was the World Atlas, so the 4th grade teachers helped me make a connection with the GRA and the postcard idea was born. 

Each class created a postcard to share with their GRA schools, using photos from interesting places in Boston. It was a great learning experience for both them and me! Although it ended up taking me a little longer than I thought it would, the postcards did finally come together. 

Without further adieu...

No comments:

Post a Comment