background

Monday, March 24, 2014

More Flipping of the Classroom

Our goal this week was to create a Professional Development (PD) opportunity that would be relevant to teachers in our chosen age range. I was so interested in flipping the classroom following my work last week that I thought I would try to create a module that would introduce this idea to teachers, and provide them an opportunity to get started with a flipped lesson of their own.

I found a lot of great videos explaining the theory behind the flipped classroom as well the benefits, but this twosome really stood out to me. Enjoy this TEDx talk from Lodge McCammon, PhD and Katie Gimbar, a middle school math teacher who has wholly embraced the flipped classroom model. Very interesting and inspiring!


No comments:

Post a Comment