background

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

What I'm Reading

I had a rare 3 days away from the kids (including a very long airport delay on Sunday) so I made it through 2 of my inaugural picks in one weekend (see original post for my verdicts).

Had to return a couple of things to the public library today and perused the "Parent Pick" section while my kids played in the Children's Room.

Side note: If your library doesn't do this, you should really mention it to your librarian. There is a rolling shelf of 100 or so books that they think might appeal to parents of young kids - it's a nice mix of genres, mostly newer titles - but I always seem to find something I'm interested in.

Today's selection was:

Verdict:
3 stars. Pretty readable and decent storytelling but many of the characters were tough to relate to/empathize with and the ending kind of got a little hokey. Good vacation reading, but I don't know that I'll be rushing to read more from this author.







That and Happier at Home should keep me occupied until my next book club selection!

1 comment: